Bloomberg @ Mann Library
The Bloomberg system is a leading information service for global financial markets. At least 250,000 terminals are used by investment professionals around the world. Corporate recruiters at Cornell are seeking candidates with competitive technical and financial technology skills. Gain this competitive skill before your next job interview. CALS and Human Ecology students can get started right here at Mann Library.
Access the Bloomberg Terminal
NOTE: During the COVID-19 Pandemic, please contact me at email@example.com for information on how to gain access to Bloomberg.
Mann Library's Bloomberg station consists of three stand-alone terminals at Mann Library. You can get started in many ways - visit the terminal and sign up to use it, attend a workshop, download a handout (see below) or ask for an individual consultation. For your convenience, handouts are also available next to the machine.
- At the terminal, either use the guest login (posted next to the machine) or follow the directions to Create a New Login and begin exploring the system.
- Visit the main menu by hitting the green “menu” button or typing “main” in the command line
- Visit the Bloomberg Help and Learning page by entering the command BHL followed by the <Go> Button.
- On the Bloomberg Help and Learning page, use the menu in the panel on the right hand side of the screen to find out more about the different modules in Bloomberg
- Download TutorialThe tutorial provides information on how to get started, use powerful Bloomberg HELP and customer service features, introduction to equity research, news and portfolio management functions.
Need more information?
Bloomberg has a new training program called Bloomberg Market Concepts. This program will use videos to introduce students to financial concepts in four areas: Economic Indicators, Currencies, Fixed Income and Equities. The program then uses the Bloomberg terminal functions, Bloomberg News and Bloomberg television to provide examples and illustrate these concepts in different ways. To Access Bloomberg Market Concepts, visit BMC at the terminals.