Skip to main content
- Annals of English Literature 1475-1950. 2nd ed. Oxford: Clarendon, 1961. Olin Reference Z 2011 A61 1961a
- As noted in its subtitle, this work is a list of "the principal publications of each year together with an alphabetical index of authors with their works." Also recorded are "the births and deaths of authors, the publication of newspapers, periodicals, translations, editions...together with a selec tion of foreign events which had a bearing of the course of English literature." (Preface).
- Rogal, Samuel. A Chronological Outline of British Literature. Westport: Greenwood, 1980. Olin Reference PR 87 R72
- A chronological listing of births, deaths, events, and works of British literature indicating '~the extent of literary activity and literary related events in England, Scotland, Ireland, and Wales during a specific year, decade, or century." (Introduction) Coverage is from 516 A.D. to 1979. Includes an index.
- Oxford Chronology of English Literature, edited by Michael Cox. Oxford ; New York: Oxford University Press, 2002. 2 vols. Olin Reference Z2011 O98x 2002 +
- A "selected checklist of significant and representative works of fiction, non-fiction, poetry, drama, and literary scholarship from 1475 to 2000. The works within the Chronology are arranged by year of imprint or by actual publication where this differs, allowing readers to access information on printed publications in relation to other works published in the same year or in a sequence of years." (publisher)