Signing of the Panama Canal Treaty, September 7, 1977
Indexes and Finding Aids
INDEXES AND FINDING AIDS
- CIS Index to US Senate Executive Documents & Reports: Covering Documents and Reports not Printed in the US Serial Set: 1817-1969. Washington, D.C.: Congressional Information Service, c1987. 2 vols. Olin Ref Z1223 A155
Indexes documents relating to Senate action on treaties, nominations and other presidential submissions from the 15th Congress (1818) through the 91st, first session (1969) that were not published in the Serial Set. Indexed by subject, personal name, and Executive Document/Report number. Corresponding microfiche set: Senate Executive Documents & Reports, Olin Lower Level, Microfiche 879.
- Current Treaty Index. Edited and compiled by Igor I. Kavass. Buffalo, N.Y.: W.S. Hein & Co., 1999- . 1 v. (loose-leaf) Olin Ref JX235.9 C32 (latest only)
Companion service to: The United States treaty index : 1776- 1990 consolidation; and The United States treaty index: consolidation supplement 1. Published twice yearly, contains information on current actions by the U.S. on treaties and agreements (1) published in the Treaties and Other International Acts Series (TIAS) [see below], and (2) treaties and agreements not yet published in TIAS. Contains numerical, subject, geographical, and chronological (from 1948) indices, as well as a conversion tables to and from various number systems (KAV, TIAS, Senate Treaty Document) applied to treaties and agreements.
- A Guide to the United States Treaties in Force. Buffalo, N.Y.: W.S. Hein Co., 1982- Olin Ref JX237 G94+ (Latest volume)
"Contains status information about treaties and agreements reported to be effective so far as the United States is concerned in the corresponding edition of Treaties in Force [see below] published by the US Dept. of State." (Preface) Created to provide more access points (subject, date, etc.)than those in Treaties in Force.
- Treaties in Force. Washington: U.S. G.P.O. Olin JX235.9 A33+ Latest volume (2006) online.
_______________. Full Text Archives via Hein (1929, 1932, 1941, 1955 through 2005)
An annual volume listing all bilateral and multilateral treaties and agreements on record in the Dept. of State "which had not expired by their terms or which had not been denounced by the parties, replaced, or superseded by other agreements, or otherwise definitely terminated" as of January 1st of each year. (Title page) Arranged in two sections, bilateral and multilateral. Within each section arrangement is alphabetical by country, and then by broad subject. Use A Guide to the United States Treaties in Force, described above, for additional points of access to TIF.
- United States Treaty Index: 1776-1990 Consolidation, compiled and edited by Igor I. Kavass. Buffalo, N.Y.: W.S. Hein, 1991- . 12 volumes. Olin Ref JX231 U58 1991; most recent set at Law Ref KZ235 U58 1991
Provides numerical, chronological, geographical and subject indices. Has been updated several times since first publication, but Olin has only the original. Law Library has updates.