In the previous exercise, you performed a fairly sophisticated search, combining terms and phrases, and using alternate terms (dictionary or encyclopedia or handbook), to find reference sources.
In the future, you can apply the same skills to find books relevant for your research topics.
For the purposes of this class, let's try to find some books on science & technology and politics. Think about some of the readings, lectures, and discussions you've had in class. What words and phrases come to mind ?
Searching the library catalog
- From the library homepage, open the link to the library catalog
- Combine keywords and phrases, e.g. science AND diplomacy
- Note the library location and call number to retrieve titles from the stacks and check out at the circulation desk,
- Or, request contact-less delivery of print materials,
- Or, request a scan of an article or chapter.