Digital CoLab in Olin 701
The CoLab in Olin Library 107 is a space for learning and exploring digital approaches to research. Our wide umbrella of "digital approaches" includes text analysis, interactive maps and data visualizations, network analysis, image analysis, digital publishing, digital exhibits, and anything else you'd like to ask us about. Digital research projects often require 1) learning new technical skills, and 2) teaming up with collaborators from different parts of campus. The CoLab can help with both of these challenges. Specifically, we offer:
- Workshops. Get your feet wet with a new tool or skill, and see how it might assist your research or teaching.
- Co-learning Groups. Build your competency and sophistication in your tool of choice in a weekly gathering of cross-disciplinary peers who are all working on similar problems. Meet potential collaborators.
- Classroom Instruction. If you're assigning a digital project to students, we can handle the technical instruction and troubleshooting. Let us know how we can help.
- Consultations. Meet one-on-one with a library staffer for guidance or ideas at any stage of your project.
- Sign up for our listserv. The best way to keep up with events and new offerings!
For digital methods for research and teaching, contact Digital Humanities Librarian Eliza Bettinger (ecb4).