More Hospitality Industry Guides
The following print statistical resources are part of the Nestle Library Reference Collection. Contact a librarian in the Nestle Library if you are interested in any of these materials.
- Transactions Recap: Report and Analysis of Hotel Sales Comparables. Hotel Brokers International. Annual. Report and analysis of hotel sales/transactions and comparable data.
- Hospitality Investment Survey. CBRE Hotels Research. Annual. Provides one dozen critical hotel investment measurements with criteria data broken down by limited and full service properties. Includes capitalization rates.
- Country Trends: Hotel Performance and Profitability in Europe, Middle East, Africa and South Asia. CBRE Hotels Research. An annual survey of the hotel industry in the U.K., Europe, Middle East, and Africa which includes operating statistics; profit-and-loss performance; departmental costs and expenses; and undistributed operating expenses.
- Hotel Cost Estimating Guide. 2013. Hotels are classified in 6 market tier categories and evaluation in detail concerning cost categories such as food and beverage, public spaces, quest rooms, recreational facilities, etc.
- Hotel Development Alamanc. STR product to assist hotel developers in investors with evaluation of projects. Highlights historical trends, major new developments and conversion efforts, brands and companies with the most new hotels and/or rooms, active markets and submarkets, development cost per room by region, property class, chain scale,and location, list of every hotel that openned in the previous year, and benchmarks and ratios for evaluation project risks and costs per room vs. sale prices per room.
- Hotel Transaction Alamanc. Comprehensive source of hotel transaction statistics, including historical deal volume and pricing, active markets for hotel acquisitions, metrics broken down by region and property class, valuation paramaters (price per key, room revenue multiplier, capital investments, cap ration, etc.), financial terms for interest rates, loan to value rations, amoritization period and loan terms, and a list of non-confidential assest trades.
- Hotel Yearbook. A group of publications that call upon a wide-ranging group of senior executives, analysts, consultants and opinion leaders from all over the world to ask, "What lies ahead for the global hotel industry?"
- Lodging Survey. The American Hotel & Lodging Educational Foundation and Smith Travel Research (STR) survey thousands of US hotels and produce of summary report analyzing trends in the industry. Covers topics such as hotel security, bathroom ammenties, staffing, room configurations, food and beverage, green practices, etc.
- Hotel Development Cost Survey. Reveals construction cost ranges for hotel projects. Changes in the hotel development cycle and the construction industry are reflected in the current data.
- Hotel Valuation Index. Analyzes factors like RevPar, ADR, and occupany rates to uncover current trends in the hotel industry and produce forecasts.
- Green Book. Hotel Business. Annual. Includes top management companies; architects and designers; purchasing companies; hotel REITS; construction companies; sources of funding; hotel brokers; hotel brands; and owners and developers.
- Country Trends: Hotel Performance and Profitability in Europe, Middle East, Africa and South Asia. CBRE Hotels Research. Annual. A survey of the hotel industry in the U.K., Europe, Middle East, and Africa which includes operating statistics; profit-and-loss performance; departmental costs and expenses; and undistributed operating expenses.