ArcGIS Pro is Esri's new generation of desktop GIS software.
It provides a new ribbon user interface, and improved cartographic features, as well as all the processing tools that are familiar to users of ArcMap.
In the library
ArcGIS Pro is currently available on the public computers at the following locations:
- Mann Library -- public computers, Stone Classroom, and B30A and B30B classrooms
For your own computer
ArcGIS runs on Windows only, and requires an Esri license. If you would like to get a license to run it on your own computer:
- Students currently enrolled in a GIS course -- contact your instructor
- Others -- contact Frank Popowitch (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Cornell Library does not currently teach any ArcGIS Pro workshops, so the following resources will be helpful:
- Esri's ArcGIS Pro quick-start tutorials cover the basics
- The Esri Training Catalog offers many free courses
- Getting to Know ArcGIS Pro is the basic intro book, available at the library