Kroch Asia Library Resources
Start with our webpage on Indonesia resources.
Here are some resources from that page to focus on:
- Oxford Bibliographies Online: Indonesia (Music): Read this for an introduction to music in Indonesia.
- Historical Dictionary of Indonesia (3rd edition) by Audrey Kahin (Lanham : Rowman & Littlefield,  Paper Copy: Kroch Library Asia Reference (Non-Circulating) DS633 .C75x 2015), also Online Copy (Kahin): Try this book for a good place to start when doing general research on Indonesia. Be certain to read the Introduction to the Bibliography (pages 555-564) and see the bibliography (including the section on music) that follows (pages 564-667).
- Indonesia by Gerald H. Krausse and Sylvia Engelen Krausse (Oxford, England ; Santa Barbara, Calif. : Clio Press, ©1994. Paper Copy 1: Kroch Library Asia Reference (Non-Circulating) DS615 .K73 1994 Note: Shelved in dictionary stand by Asia desk. Paper Copy 2: Kroch Library Asia Z3271 .K728w 1994), also Online Copy (Krausse): This is an older (1994) but useful research book containing annotated title listings of major and standard sources of information covering a large range of topics including music.
- Leiden Catalog: The Leiden Catalog is a great place to look for additional resources on Indonesia.
- Bibliography of Asian Studies: This database references mostly western-language articles and book chapters on all parts of Asia published since 1971; a good place to start for articles.
- Southeast Asia Digital Library: Contains a number of resources about Southeast Asia, including a specific page for Indonesia.
- Bibliography of Performing Arts In The East: You might also find some helpful sources on music in Indonesia here.