Arachne is produced by the German Archaeological Institute (DAI) and the Archaeological Institute of the University of Cologne. It provides archaeologists and Classicists with a free internet research tool for quickly searching hundreds of thousands of objects and their attributes.
- LIMC-Icon (Lexicon Iconographicum Mythologiae Classicae) LIMC-icon is an independent online supplement to the Lexicon Iconographicum Mythologiae Classicae.
- Shared Shelf Commons is a free, open-access library of images from ARTstor.
- The British Museum. Excellent collections for Antiquity.
- The Portable Antiquities Scheme Archaeological objects found by members of the public in England and Wales.
- Beazley Archive at Oxford University
The Archive contains the world's largest collection of photographs of ancient Greek painted pottery, as well as relevant books and offprints, extensive material on the history of gem-collecting, and thousands of other documents and photographs relating to classical archaeology and to Sir John Beazley. Many of the Archive's images are available online, but the Archive's library remains a resource of central importance for research on classical art.
- Ancient World Image Bank through Flickr
A collaborative effort to distribute and encourage the sharing of free digital imagery for the study of the ancient world.
ARTstor contains nearly 1.4 million images in the areas of art, architecture, the humanities, and social sciences. Most (but not all!) of ARTstor's images are of archival or museum materials.