CU Library Collections on Enology & Viticulture
Books, journals, proceedings, theses, visual objects and other research materials are found in several Cornell University Libraries, including Mann Library (enology and viticulture), the School of Hotel Administration Library -- Nestle Library (wine, food and travel) and Olin Library (history and culture).
Affiliates of Cornell University can use Document Delivery services to request some items, as well as to obtain materials previously housed at the Lee Library (New York State Agricultural Experiment Station) in Geneva.
The collection includes materials that support:
- Research in enology and viticulture
- Graduate and undergraduate curriculum in enology and viticulture
- Cooperative Extension and other outreach
- Wine and grape industry
- Home wine making
- Wine appreciation and travel/wine regions
The enology and viticulture literature is primarily in English, but also French, German, Spanish, Italian and other languages.
All items can be located by using the Cornell Library Catalog. The call number range for Viticulture is SB387 to SB399. Resources on the history and culture of wine can be found in range TP557 to TP559.
Eastern Wine and Grape Archive
- George Remaily (papers 1970-2000)
- Nelson Shaulis (papers 1941-1986)
- Philip Wagner (papers 1934-1997)
- Hammondsport Wine Company (1920-1928)
- Pleasant Valley Wine Company (1860-1953)
- Urbana Wine Company (1867-1882, 1900-1918)
- Widmer Wine Cellars (1906-1963)