Basic Video Production Pt. 1 - Pre-Production & Production PPT
Why pre-production before production?
Though it's tempting to just jump right in and start shooting, a little planning before starting can make creating your video much more effective and save your time. The material and tabs provided here will give you a quick introduction but if you want more in-depth information consider one of the many resources for pre-production.
When planning your video, consider these factors. Thinking ahead will save you time when filming and editing your video.
- What is the purpose of your video? What message(s) do you want your viewer to receive?
- Who will be watching your video? What tone should you use for the intended audience?
- Where will you be filming your shots? By planning ahead, you might be able to make arrangements to visit a location, or reserve a quiet room in Mann for filming interviews.
- Who will be in your video, if anyone? Be sure that they understand the possibility of being viewed by others.
- What equipment do you need to create the film? Will you be using your phone or do you prefer a video camera? Will you need software for editing?
- How much time do you have? Good video can take awhile to create so plan accordingly.