Citation Management Software
Save time and cite properly using a citation management program!
Citation management programs are like EasyBib or NoodleTools on steroids and allow you to easily collect, manage, and organize your citations and work with databases (and often Word or other word processors), making it easy to import references and incorporate them into your writing, properly formatted in the style of your choice.
- EndNote is available for purchase at the Cornell Store.
- Zotero and Mendeley are free and open source programs.
See our online chart comparing EndNote, EndNote Web, Zotero, Papers, and Mendeley.
For more information on citation tools, citation management, and available workshops, see the Citation Management page on the Library Web site.
Help with EndNote, Zotero, and Mendeley is available at http://www.library.cornell.edu/citing/feedback
By properly citing the sources you use in your research projects, you are both identifying the resources that you used to complete your work and formally acknowledging the authors or creators of those resources. This allows others to find what you have found and to verify your research.
APA citation style
- APA citation style (CUL guide)
- APA Formatting and Style Guide from Purdue University's Online Writing Lab.
- Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (5th ed.) CU Library Reference locations include Africana, Hotel, Management, Olin, and Uris Libraries at call number: BF 76.7 .P83x 2001x. Also in ILR and Mann Reference at BF 76.7 .A51 2001.