Document Delivery for CCE: Frequently Asked Questions

1. What kind of material can Mann Library provide to NYS Cooperative Extension agents?

Mann ILS can provide the following materials to NYS Cooperative Extension agents completely FREE of cost through your Interlibrary & Document Delivery account.

  1. Loans from the Cornell collection, shipped via UPS to your office. 
  2. If Cornell does not own the item you need, we will borrow it through ILL from other institutions and ship it via UPS to your office.
  3. Electronic delivery of journal articles and book chapters from the Cornell collection through MyDocumentDelivery.
  4. Electronic delivery of articles and book chapters that Cornell does not own.

NOTE: Due to copyright restrictions, Mann Library will NOT provide articles that can be accessed as a networked resource through the library catalog. With netid authentication, access to networked resource is possible simply with your netid and password. If you are facing any problem accessing electronic resources, please contact your head office for assistance. If you are unable to access an electronic title from the catalog, please contact Mann Reference at

2. Who is eligible for Cooperative Extension interlibrary services?

Any Cooperative Extension Educator or CCE employee not based on the Ithaca campus, is eligible for this service.

3. What is Mann Library's Cooperative Extension document delivery service?

Mann's Cooperative Extension document delivery service is a FREE service designed to provide New York State Cooperative Extension offices and agents not
based on the Cornell campus, the use of material for the purpose of
program support or professional development. Mann Interlibrary Loan
Service mails loans to your work address and delivers articles
electronically to your ILL & Document Delivery account.

4. How do I request an interlibrary loan?

If you have not already registered for Interlibrary Loan services at Cornell, go the Interlibrary Loan website. Please choose Mann Library as your ILL Processing Unit while registering. Requests can be submitted from the same site.

Patrons can now also request interlibrary loans from within the Cornell Library catalog. After searching for an item and finding it unavailable at Cornell, click the Borrow Direct or Worldcat Libraries button in the Get This Item section of the item record.

5. I am working for a professor. How do I make requests on somebody else's behalf?

This is a two step process:

  1. Ask your supervisor to set you up as a proxy.Only staff or faculty can authorize a proxy.
  2. Create an ILL account at the Interlibrary Loan site with the project name or supervisor's name and NOT your personal name. We assume that you will have access to the password in order to make requests on somebody else's behalf.
6. How do I track my requests?

All requests can be tracked online on the same site used to make requests.

  1. Logon to Interlibrary Loan
  2. Click on "Review All Requests" and choose among various options.

If you have any questions about the status of your requests, please email

7. How do I request a renewal on ILL loans?

Renewals are not guaranteed but we will try our best to obtain a renewal for ILL items.

  1. To request a renewal on an interlibrary loan item, go to the ILL webpage and logon.
  2. Choose the "Review All Requests" button at the top of the page.
  3. Select "View/Renew Checked Out Items" and submit the item that you want renewed.
8. What are the possible fines for late return of ILL materials?

Patrons receive three overdue notices over a period of 10 days from the due date. After 10 days, your ILLiad account is blocked which means you can no longer submit requests. Within 5 business days your circulation account will show a fine of $100.00.

$75.00 is for replacement cost and $25.00 is a late fine. If the item is returned in the future and remains in good condition, the $75.00 fine is waived. The $25.00 late fine is non-negotiable and needs to be paid at the Mann Circulation Desk.

9. What should I do if I forget my username and/or password?

If you have registered with Mann ILS and have forgotten your password, please send an e-mail to If you have registered with some other ILL unit on campus, check here for contact information.

The free online text fixer can convert any document to a clean HTML code.

Library Services

Site Visits

If you would like to learn about Mann Library's resources and services without having to come to Ithaca, we'd be happy to visit your extension office, present at an Extension conference or event, or use the videoconferencing capabilities of CCE. If you would like to request a site visit, please contact Jim Morris-Knower, Mann Library Liaison to CCE, at


Designed to introduce Mann Library's services and resources, these library orientation sessions can be in person or via videoconferencing. Orientations are usually part of the New CCE Staff Orientation In-Service organized by CCE, but if you would like to request a session directly from Mann Library, please contact Jim Morris-Knower at

Document Delivery

Need an article or book from the Cornell Libraries' Collections delivered electronically to your desktop in a flash? If you do, Mann will get it for you--for free. For more information, see the FAQ box directly below. Information on specific borrowing policies (loan periods & privileges):

Reference Help

If you need reference help from an information specialist, you can always contact the Mann Library Reference Desk in person, by e-mail, by phone @ 607-255-5406, or in a Chat session. Learn more about our Ask a Librarian services here.


Need in-depth help with particular research project? Use the consultation request form to request assistance. We will provide customized research help tailored to meet your specific needs.