Free Online Resources
- CLAGS: The Center for LGBTQ StudiesA database of resources for LGTBQ scholars: a calendar of events, calls for papers and submissions, and announcements of fellowship and scholarship opportunities. "CLAGS is committed to fostering and disseminating LGTBQ research and scholarship both in the United States and abroad." Includes an online directory of LGTBQ Studies-a searchable collection of scholars within universities, non-governmental organizations, and other places; their locations; what tracks of study are available nationwide for students and intellectuals wishing to pursue the field of LGTBQ Studies; and more.
- Diotima: Materials for the Study of Women & Gender in the Ancient WorldFull Text/Indexes
Diotima serves as an interdisciplinary resource for anyone interested in patterns of gender around the ancient Mediterranean and as a forum for collaboration among instructors who teach courses about women and gender in the ancient world. This site includes course materials, the beginnings of a systematic and searchable bibliography, and links to many on-line resources, including articles, book reviews, databases, and images. Subject coverage within the gender-defined parameters includes Greek and Latin linguistics and literature, and Greek and Roman history, archaeology, mythology and religion.
- Discovering American Women's History OnlineCreated by Ken Middleton, librarian at Middle Tennessee State University. "This database provides access to digital collections of primary sources (photos, letters, diaries, artifacts, etc.) that document the history of women in the United States." [from About this collection on the home page]
- Jewish Women's ArchiveFull Text
An extensive Web site with access to biographical and archival information, teaching resources, and online tools for and about Jewish women and their history. The Virtual Archive offers information on hundreds of women, women's organizations, and manuscript collections, along with a rich array of primary source material.
- Society of Women EngineersThe web site of the Society whose mission is to encourage women to achieve full potential in careers as engineers and leaders. Includes information about its organization and publications, links to career services, scholarships, conferences, and student services.
- Women's Studies/Women's Issues Resource SitesFull Text
Women's Studies/Women's Issues Resource Sites is a selective, alphabetical listing of web sites containing resources and information about women's studies/women's issues with an emphasis on sites of particular use to an academic women's studies program.