Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
How to search for articles
- Find a database by browsing the list here or from the Databases link on the library homepage.
- Click on the link to get into the database
- Search the database for articles
How to access an article
Not all articles are available full text! If an article isn't available full text through a database...
- Use Get it! Cornell.
- If there is no "Get it! Cornell" link/button, search on the title of the article or book in the search box on the library homepage.
- If you cannot locate the article, Ask a Librarian!
Recommended Databases for Research on the Vikings
What is Passkey?
Passkey is a bookmarklet (Firefox and IE) that lets you quickly authenticate as a CU person, when you're off-campus. This allows you to access databases.
In Firefox, drag the icon to your bookmarks toolbar or right click and bookmark this location. Control-click (mac users)
In Internet Explorer, right-click the icon, add to favorites
The next time you're off-campus and a publisher asks you to log-in, click the Passkey. You'll be prompted for your CU netid, and that's it!
Detailed help for installing PassKey