Daily Labor Report
In Bloomberg you can set up alerts for searches, and newsletters.
For search alerts:
- After logging in, you are brought to your homepage. Click "browse" in the top left corner of the page, click on "Practice Centers" and then "Labor and Employment" (or the area you are doing research in).
- Type your search terms into the search bar at the top of the page (e.g. discrimination AND employment), and you can narrow down the sources you get results for by clicking "Select Sources" at the end of the search bar and selecting the ones you want.
- Once you run the search, you can narrow the results further by using the delimiters on the left side of the screen.
- Once you have the search parameters you are looking for, click "Create Alert" that's above your search results with "edit search" and "add search to dashboard".
- Here you can tailor the alert for you; adding a title, tags, the frequency you receive the alert, and the email it's sent to.
For newsletter alerts:
- After logging in, click "My Work History" at the top of the webpage. Then click "Alerts" and then "Manage Alerts"
- This will bring you to your Alerts Management page. From here you can manage all the alerts you set up for your Bloomberg account.
- Click "Newsletter Subscriptions" and you'll have a list come up with all the different newsletters you can subscribe too, and just scroll down until you find the ones you want.
- Once you find a newsletter you want to subscribe to (e.g. Daily Labor Report) click the pencil image on the right side of the table. Here you can choose if you want Highlights or First Move.
- Once you choose the kind of alerts you would like just click save and you will start receiving the alerts.
For LexisNexis you can set up alerts for specific searches as well as for specific publications.
For publication alerts:
- Start on the Lexis+ (Lexis Plus) homepage which you are directed to once you sign into your LexisNexis account or at the Nexis Uni home page.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to the "Explore Content" options, click "Sources" and search for the publication title for which you would like the alerts (e.g. Bender's Labor & Employment Bulletin).
- Once you click on your result you will be directed to a new search page where you can search within the publication. At the top of this page there is a bell, click on the bell to set up your email alerts.
- You can then set up how you would like the alert and under the Deliver tab add your email address and the frequency you would like them to be sent.
For search alerts:
- You'll want to start the same as you would for the publication alerts, on the Lexis+ (Lexis Plus) homepage after signing into the database.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to the "Explore Content" options, click on "Practice Area or Industry" and click "Labor and Employment Law" (or the area you are doing research in).
- Type your search terms into the search bar (e.g. discrimination and employment) and once you get your results you can narrow and filter using the options on the left to really get results that match what you want.
- To get alerts on this search, at the top of the page there is a bell next to "Results for: (your search). Click the bell to set up your alert
- You can give the alert a title and change the search terms, pick what categories you want the alert to include, decide on frequency and duration of the alerts, and the email address you would like the alerts to be sent to.