Writing 142 wiki
Writing 142 class wiki:
As the title of this course implies, you will be writing and doing research in support of your writing.
At this site we will explore and discuss Research Strategies and learn how to efficiently and effectively search, find, evaluate, retrieve, and properly use Information.
The ability to identify, locate, access, evaluate, and use information effectively is an essential skill. It is a measure of your information literacy.
An information literate individual is able to:
- Determine the extent of information needed
- Access the needed information effectively and efficiently
- Evaluate information and its sources critically
- Incorporate selected information into one’s knowledge base
- Use information effectively to accomplish a specific purpose
- Understand the economic, legal, and social issues surrounding the use of information, and access and use information ethically and legally"
|From the Association of College and Research Libraries Information Literacy Competency Standards for Higher Education.|
What is this?
- Lu, Min-Zhan. "From Silence to Words: Writing as Struggle." College English, Vol. 49, No. 4. (Apr., 1987), pp. 437-448.
- 1. What is this?
- 2. Can you find it?
- 3. If so, how did you find it?