Skip to main content
Theater Review Resources
- Arts & Humanities Citation Index (A&HCI)
- ISI citation databases -- under the collective name Web of Science -- are multidisciplinary databases of bibliographic information indexed to be searched by subject, author, journal, and/or author address. They can also be searched for articles that cite a known author or work. Cited reference searching allows use of a given work as if it were a subject term, to identify more recent articles on the same topic. search by footnoted source (1975 - date)
- Performing Arts Periodicals Database
- Covers a broad spectrum of the arts and entertainment industry--including dance, film, television, drama, theater, stagecraft, musical theater, broadcast arts, circus performance, comedy, storytelling, opera, pantomime, puppetry, magic and more. Full text from 1999 onward.
- New York Theatre Critics' Reviews. New York, Critics' Theatre Reviews, inc. 1940-1994. Library Annex PN1601 N53 ++
- "Theatre reviews is a complete guide and record of the New York stage, reprinted from New York sun, New York times, New York herald tribune, New York post, New York daily news, New York world telegram" 1940- ; reprinted from the New York daily news, Wall Street journal, Time, New York post, Women's wear daily, New York times, Christian science monitor, Newsweek, NBC.
- New York Times Theater Reviews. New York Times and Arno. Library Annex PN 2189 N53++
- Facsimile reprints of the reviews of theater productions as they appeared in the New York Times. Arranged chronologically, the set also includes appendices of awards and prizes and of productions and runs by season as well as indexes by title, production company, and personal name. The first 21 volumes cover the years 1870-2000. Since then volumes have been published biannually. [NOTE: these reviews can also be found online through ProQuest Historical Newspapers.]
- Proquest Historical Newspapers
- This database offers full-text and full-image articles for newspapers dating back to the 19th century. For most titles, the collection includes digital reproductions of every page from every issue, cover to cover, in downloadable PDF files. Includes major papers such as the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and others.
- Theatre Record (formerly London Theatre Record). 1991 - date. Olin stacks PN2596.L6 L83+ (Current issues in Periodicals Room)
- Reprints published reviews of theatrical performances in London and elsewhere in the UK. Includes production credits and dates of performance. Review sources include The Spectator, The Daily Mail, Mail on Sunday, Independent, Time Out, Guardian, The Times and other UK publications. Annual Index.
- Theatre Reviews Limited
- A "source for reviews of many of the shows currently running in Manhattan as well as in New Jersey and around the United States. You will also find listings of shows that are on tour. Additionally, Theatre Reviews Limited has one of the most extensive archives of reviews available in electronic or print media." (Web site)