Wikipedia can be very helpful in providing information about all kinds of topics. The footnotes and lists of external links provided at the end of many articles may lead to useful scholarly material.
CAUTION: The text of each article is not always accurate or authoritative.
Articles often reflect personal opinion and controversial interpretations of events and issues. Authors might not have a strong academic background in the subject matter of the articles they contribute.
Searchable databases containing hundreds of authoritative, peer-reviewed reference books and encyclopedias, covering the social sciences, can make searching for scholarly background information faster and easier.
· Encyclopedia of Health and Behavior
· Encyclopedia of Human relationships
· Encyclopedia of Social Networks
· Handbook of Social Studies in Health and Medicine
· Sage Handbook of Mental Health and Illness
· Social Network Analysis