- PsycINFO. Washington: American Psychological Association. 1887- .
- Access to the international literature in psychology and related behavioral and social sciences, including psychiatry, sociology, anthropology, education, pharmacology, and linguistics. Includes applied psychology, communication systems, developmental psychology, educational psychology, experimental human and animal psychology, personality, physical and psychological disorders, physiological psychology and intervention, professional personnel and issues, psychometrics, social processes and issues, sports psychology and leisure, and treatment and prevention.
- PsycARTICLES. Washington: American Psychological Association. 1988- .
A searchable database of full-text articles from journals published by APA and allied organizations since 1988. Covers general psychology and specialized basic, applied, clinical, and theoretical research in psychology. For a broader search use PsycINFO (below).
OTHER ARTICLE INDEXES AND DATABASES:
- Child Development Abstracts and Bibliography. [ceased] Chicago: U of Chicago P, 1927-2001.
- (Olin Stacks HQ 750 .A1 C532: 1936-1993; Mann Reference Indexes: 1927-2001)
- Covers some journals not indexed in PsycINFO; all aspects of child development are covered in a subject arrangement. Issued three times/year; annual author and subject cumulations. Published by the University of Chicago Press for the Society for Research in Child Development.
- Google Scholar. Mountain View, CA: Google.
- Google Scholar provides a simple way to broadly search for scholarly literature. From one place, you can search across many disciplines and sources: peer-reviewed papers, theses, books, abstracts and articles, from academic publishers, professional societies, preprint repositories, universities and other scholarly organizations. Google Scholar helps you identify the most relevant research across the world of scholarly research. Description from About Google Scholar.
- Medline [PubMed version]. [Bethesda, Md.]: National Library of Medicine. [A different version is available in ISI Web of Knowledge]
- Provides access to over 16 million citations from MEDLINE and other life science journals for biomedical articles back to the 1950s. Includes links to many sites providing full text articles and other related resources.
- PEP Web. London: Psychoanalytic Electronic Publishing.
- Access to the PEP Web archive of books and journal articles. The book archive includes the full text of the Standard Edition of the Complete Psychological Works of Sigmund Freud, Freud's letters to his major collaborators and the works of Wilfred Bion, Melanie Klein, C. G. Jung, and Donald Winnicott along with other major psychoanalytic authors. The journals in the archive presently include the full text many premier journals in psychoanalysis and psychotherapy.
- Web of Science: Social Sciences Citation Index. Philadelphia: Institute for Scientific Information, 1956- .
- A multidisciplinary database with searchable author abstracts covering the literature of the social sciences. It indexes 1,700 journals spanning 50 disciplines, as well as covering individually selected, relevant items from over 3,300 of the world's leading scientific and technical journals. The unique feature of SSCI is that it allows the user to find related material based on where a particular reference has been cited.