WILLARD STRAIGHT HALL TAKEOVER (1969)
- Willard Straight Takeover Study Guide. Compiled by Eric Acree, Africana Librarian.
- An excellent bibliography and Web guide divided into Books and Theses, Audio/Visual Materials, Selected Internet Articles Magazine/Journal Articles, and Newspaper Articles (divided into four sections covering December 1968 through 1999).
TYPHOID FEVER EPIDEMIC (1903)
- DeKok, David. Epidemic: A Collision of Power, Privilege, and Public Health. Guilford, CT: Lyons Press, 2011.
- (Mann Library, Uris Library, Veterinary Library: RA 644. T8 D45 2011)
- Soper, George A. The Epidemic of Typhoid Fever at Ithaca, N. Y. [Boston, 1904].
- "Reprinted from Journal of the New England Water Works Association, v. 18, no. 4."
- Typhoid Fever Epidemic (Ithaca, N.Y.) records: 1901-1906, 1952.
- (Typhoid Fever Epidemic Records, #35/4/42. Division of Rare and Manuscript Collections, Cornell University Library. Available for on-site use.)
- Brief description of contents:
Correspondence, infirmary reports, lists of patients, and bills to be paid by Andrew Carnegie.
Letters of sympathy to Jacob Gould Schurman.
Pamphlet, "The Typhoid Epidemic in Ithaca," by Chauncey P. Biggs, February 1904.
Photocopied clippings about the epidemic.
Letter from Howard C. Smith (Class of 1905) concerning the typhoid epidemic of 1903 at Cornell and other reminiscences.
- For additional resources about events at Cornell, see the Historical Context tabs in this guide.