Skip to main content
- 2010 U.S. Religion Census: Religious Congregations and Membership Study. Kansas City, MO: Nazarene Publishing House for the Association of Statisticians of American Religious Bodies, 2012.
(Olin Reference BR 526 .J64 2010 +)
- A print publication of the data available from the Association of Religious Data Archives (see next entry). NB: Statistics on non-Christian religions included.
- The ARDA Association of Religion Data Archives. University Park, PA: Pennsylvania State University, Department of Sociology, 2002 .
- "This collection began as the American Religious Data Archive; the name changed to reflect inclusion of data from around the world, although U.S. data predominate. ARDA provides statistical datasets on churches and church membership, religious professionals, and religious groups. These include graphs, maps, etc., with U.S. data at the county, metro area, state, and national levels. Summary profiles are provided for virtually every nation. Also offers numerous survey and poll results, such as the 2006 General Social Survey and the National Congregational Study. Quicklists (statistical data) and Quickstats (survey results) link to summary data on topics of broad interest. Keyword searching of all data files, as well as numerous browsing options, are provided. The site also offers a free online newsletter that contains information about new features and data sets. The first source to check for statistical and survey data." [Guide to Reference].
- World Christian Encyclopedia: A Comparative Survey of Churches and Religions in the Modern World. David B. Barrett, George T. Kurian, Todd M. Johnson. 2nd ed. 2 volumes. New York: Oxford University Press, 2001.
(Olin Reference BR 95 .W92 2001 ++)
- "A topical and comparative encyclopedia of many aspects of Christianity offering country-by-country surveys, numerous statistical tables, chronologies, and directory information. The authors and their international network of collaborators, contributors, and local editors have organized and interpreted vast amounts of information from surveys compiled by churches worldwide. Includes atlas, dictionary, bibliography, indexes." [Guide to Reference]. NB: Statistics on non-Christian religions included.