Note: In order to set up a search alert in ScienceDirect, you must create an account and be logged in.
- The first step to setting up an alert is to create a search
- Click on the "Save as Search Alert"
- Set alert parameters -- Alert name, email address, and frequency
- Click Save
To access your list of search alerts, click on "My Alerts" at the top of the page. Here you can edit or delete your seach alerts.
Click on RSS feed for the feed address which can be copied into your RSS Reader of choice.
To create an alert for a specific journal, click "Browse"
- Click on "Journals/Books by Subject" or "Journals/Books Alphabetically"
- Journals that have RSS Feeds will be indicated with an RSS orange icon
- Click on the feed icon for a specific journal and copy the feed address into your RSS Reader
- If you would like to create an email alert for a speific journal, click the checkbox under the Vol/Issue Alert column
- Click apply after you have clicked on the checkbox
- To access a list of the journals you have requested to receive alerts on, click on the "My Alerts" tab at the top of the Sciencedirect interface
- Scroll down to Volume/Issue Alerts
ScienceDirect will also permit Topic Alerts, click on My Alerts to set-up a topic alert
- Scroll down to Topic Alerts
- Click on Add/Delete Topic Alerts
- Select a category of interest from the drop down menu
- Check the boxes nect to the subjects you are interested in receiving alerts for
- Click save when you are finished