Skip to main content
Online Resources for Second-Language Instruction
- National Foreign Language Resource Centers
- A web portal for the fifteen Foreign Language Resource Centers (LRCs), which provides a searchable database to all of the LRC materials and resources.
- National Dual Language Consortium: Members.
- National organizations that focus on and provide research on language immersion, immersion programs and teaching.
- Essentials of Language Teaching. Washington: NCLRC, 2003-2007.
- NCLRC's web site for language instructors in higher education. Includes a variety of principles, practices, goals, strategies and techniques for teaching a second language to university-level students.
- Teaching World Languages: A Practical Guide. Washington: NCLRC, 2014.
- Available free online as a PDF. "This guide provides insight into the teaching of world languages principally for K-12 teachers, although instructors at the university level will also find this a valuable resource. It is based on current best practices, Standards for Foreign Language Learning (2006) and the NCSSFL-ACTFL Can-Do Statements (2013)."