Diving Into Humanities Research at Cornell University Library...
In this session we will cover:
- Research Strategies
- Initiating Topic Exploration (Subject Encyclopedias vs. Web Searches)
- Finding Sources
- Evaluating Sources
- Citing Sources
- Getting Additional Help /Ask a Librarian
You've decided to write a paper on Godzilla, analyzing what the monster symbolizes in the context of Japanese war and post-war history, and specifically Japanese-American relations.
--Where will you begin your investigations of this topic and determine/refine your argument?
--What keywords and approaches will you use for searching the library catalog, the internet, and CUL's indexes and databases?
--How will you evaluate and expand your list of available resources?
Submit your answers via the comments link below.
How Well Do You Know CUL?
1) How many main campus libraries are part of the CUL system?
2) How many books are housed by CUL on campus?
a) 3 million+
b) 5 million+
c) 8 million+
3) How many books are available to CUL users through Borrow Direct?
a) 25 million+
b) 40 million+
c) 50 million+
4) How many items does CUL make available full-text online?
a) 50 million+
b) 100 million+
c) 300 million+