A Guide to Doing Research
Using the Resources of Cornell University Library
In this session we will cover:
Let's imagine that, for your final assignment, you will need to write about two films from the course in relation to Japanese conceptualizations of gender.
1. Where might you begin your investigations and determine/refine your argument?
2. What keywords and approaches will you use for searching the internet, library catalog, and CUL's indexes and databases?
3. How will you expand your pool of resources and keywords as you go along?
Submit your answers via the comments link below.
1) How many main campus libraries are part of the CUL system?
2) How many books are housed by CUL on campus?
a) 3 million+
b) 5 million+
c) 8 million+
3) How many books are available to CUL users through Borrow Direct?
a) 25 million+
b) 40 million+
c) 50 million+
4) How many items does CUL make available full-text online?
a) 50 million+
b) 100 million+
c) 300 million+