A Guide to Doing Research
Using the Resources of Cornell University Library
In this session we will cover:
Your professor has asked you to write a thought paper on Indian animal tales, investigating the question 'why use animals at all?' To give a better answer, you want to engage with what others have written on the subject.
1. Where would you typically begin your investigations and determine/refine your argument?
2. What keywords and approaches will you use for searching the internet, library catalog, and CUL's indexes and databases?
3. How will you expand your pool of resources and keywords as you go along?
Submit your answers via the comments link below.
1) How many main campus libraries are part of the CUL system?
2) How many books are housed by CUL on campus?
a) 3 million+
b) 5 million+
c) 8 million+
3) How many books are available to CUL users through Borrow Direct?
a) 25 million+
b) 40 million+
c) 50 million+
4) How many items does CUL make available full-text online?
a) 50 million+
b) 100 million+
c) 300 million+