(1) Understand some of the differences between searching the web and searching catalogs and databases.
(2) Know how to differentiate between peer-reviewed, scholarly, and general interest sources.
(3) Develop some competency with finding and searching reference sources, catalogs, and databases relevant to your research.
(4) Know how to find authoritative news sources, government documents, statistics, and other types of primary source material.
(5) Know how to cite your sources.
(6) Know where to get help!